that grace: Busy at Home

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Busy at Home

We did an activity with matching pots and lids today -- look at that concentration!

Reading Mother Goose.

Maniacal sweeping!


We roasted a butternut squash today. That Grace helped scoop out the seeds.



Soup that we made from the roasted butternut squash. I had several recipes but I didn't have all of the ingredients for any one of them, so we just made up our own. I sauteed 1/2 an onion in some butter and added some cumin seeds. Cumin is my new love. I used it in the black bean stew last night, too. We're a little soup obsessed over here these days. Then I added the roasted butternut squash, thinned it out with a little water and added some cream. What? There are no carbs in cream. It's practically diet food. I didn't blend it with the stick blender because I like a chunkier soup. That Grace loved it. She also loved gradually uncovering the picture on the bottom of the bowl.


The new Babybug came today, always very exciting. By the time the new Babybug comes, we are tired of reading the old one, although we then have to get all of the back issues and read through them all. It is a great magazine and, as you can see, she really likes it. She carried it around hugging it for quite a while before we got around to reading it. She looks a little rough in this picture because she just dumped a cup of water on her head.





2 comments:

Pecos Blue said...

We have babybug too and looks great and like lots of fun!

candinamaria said...

Oh, it's wonderful. I'm thinking about the new High Five magazine from Highlights, too. Chasing Cheerios speaks very highly of it.