that grace: I tell ya, we were lucky to have survived...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I tell ya, we were lucky to have survived...

You'll be happy to know that we survived the Blizzard of '09. We were snowed in for a while but thankfully we had the foresight to load up on the milk and bread late Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, I'm not sure we would have had such a happy ending.

That Grace, still sickly but enjoying her first snow. When she woke up, I took her to the front door to show her the snow. I went out and brought some in for her to touch. Nope -- wouldn't go near it. She just kept shaking her head, "no." After breakfast we got dressed (that took a long time) and she went outside. She finally put out one finger and touched a few flakes that had accumulated on her sand table.

Back inside, warm and dry, we pulled out an old activity. She loves to do this but, of course, it requires constant supervision, so I don't leave it our for her.

No comments: