that grace: Taking Down the Tree

Monday, January 5, 2009

Taking Down the Tree

This was a special type of cedar tree. It's supposed to "keep its needles beautifully throughout the whole season."


Well, I don't really have anything to add to that.

Lillian Grace enjoyed a little snack on the way home from the store.

Oh, look, her bruise matches her shirt. We've been going outside to play a lot since the weather has been so nice. That Grace fell and hit her face on a pole. It got much worse the next day but it's starting to clear up.

Here's the kitchen my babydaddy and I stayed up late finishing on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures but it was just a wooden refrigerator and sink I found at a local thrift store. They're pretty common in churches and daycares. It was missing the faucet and the sink. Rob took off the top of the sink and replaced it with another one. He cut out a spot for the sink (a bowl from Target's dollar bin) and turned half of it into a stove.
He made the faucet out of some kind of gray tubing -- electrical conduit, I think he said, that we painted with copper paint. I painted the counter with Flexstone and painted the rest of it cream and pink. She has really been having fun with it. Every morning she runs into the living room, flings open the cabinets and the food starts flying. Watch out, Rachael Ray!

No comments: